Barnsley Health and Care Together are the local organisations working together so that local people can take control of their health and wellbeing and enjoy happy, healthy and longer lives, in safer and stronger communities, whoever they are and wherever they live. This page outlines what will be happening in Barnsley Health and Care Together, how you can be involved in shaping local services and what differences this approach will make for you and your families. There are also links to information and events, so please visit this page regularly for the latest updates.
Barnsley Health and Care Together is the partnership of local organisations working to improve the health and social care system in Barnsley: NHS Barnsley Clinical Commissioning Group, Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Barnsley Healthcare Federation, Barnsley Council and South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
Partners are also working with Healthwatch Barnsley, voluntary and community groups.
This way of working integrates health and care services, bringing the services of GPs, nursing, social care, mental health, the hospital, community based services and voluntary organisations into a more joined up system that focuses on the individual needs of local people and provides them with support to manage their own care.
Putting people at the centre
A simpler, integrated health and care system will support a shift in focus on how we offer services. There will be an emphasis on supporting people to maintain good physical and mental health and preventing ill health all aimed at improving outcomes for local patients:
- With services in different organisations working together better and in a more integrated ways
- By removing barriers they may have faced previously, whether that was in having to repeat information on every visit, or barriers due to processes or finance
- Patients should be able to see familiar staff faces that are connected to each other across local services regardless of where they are seen, whether that is in hospital, in the community or at home
- Patients and their families will be supported by what feels like “one team”, each delivering their part without duplication.
In 2018 we will be coming out to patients, the public and staff to ask for your ideas, views and feedback about health and care services in Barnsley and using that information to shape and plan future services locally. Read the upcoming events below for some of the ways you can be involved.
1. Barnsley Health and Care Together Board | January meeting
1.00pm-3.00pm, Thursday 25 January 2018, The Core, County Way, Barnsley, S70 2JW
You will can read and download papers for this meeting by CLICKING HERE.
These meetings are held in public which means anybody is welcome to attend, so come along!
There will be an opportunity for the Public to ask questions about the Programme during the meeting. If you would like more information please call us on 01226 433791.
2. Barnsley Health and Care Together Board | March meeting
12.30pm-2.30pm, Thursday 29 March 2018, Venue tbc
You can also read papers and presentations from the November 2017 Shadow Delivery Board Meeting in Public HERE.
Visit this page regularly for updates and for more information about how health and care organisations across Barnsley are working together with local communities.